CONTINUING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT (CPD) PROGRAM FOR MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENTISTS AND TECHNICIANS
We see continuing professional development (CPD) as critical to future successful on-the-job performance. Earning CPD credits allows Medical Laboratory Scientists to reach beyond their formal education to the maintenance and continuation of important and necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to deliver high quality services.
PHLEBOTOMY SKILLS TRAINING
3 Days Hands-on Workshop
3-Day Training: Monday – Wednesday
February 19th – February 21st, 2018
1pm – 5pm Daily
- INTRODUCTION TO PHLEBOTOMY AND THE ROLE OF A PHLEBOTOMIST
- THE LEGAL ASPECT OF PHLEBOTOMY: LEGAL TERMINOLOGIES
- THE CARDIOVASCULAR SYSTEM
- MATERIALS AND VARIOUS BLOOD TESTS CONDUCTED BY A PHLEBOTOMIST
- SPECIMEN IDENTIFICATION AND LABELING
- ORDER OF DRAW
- USE OF PROSTHETIC ARE
- COMPLICATIONS OF VENIPUNCTURE
- CAPILLARY PUNCTURE EQUIPMENTS
- CAPILLARY PUNCTURE
- USE OF PROSTHETIC ARM
- VENIPUNCTURE ON LIVE PATIENTS
Only 20 available spaces!
PROCESS OF REGISTRATION
First, Register online now to save your space.
Or send an email containing your name, phone number and email address to:
Call – 08080386449 to register
- Copy of your Academic Certificate/Licence
- Valid form of ID
A welcome pack will be handed to you on the first day of training which includes handouts and medical supplies which attract an additional cost.